How about we make something very yummy and delicious from Spinach? I know some of you may make faces just by hearing spinach but not just health & nutrients wise, taste wise also we can make it yummy!! Read on the recipe for creamy corn spinach……….
GOODNESS OF SPINACH AND CORN:
One cup of raw spinach contains 27 calories, 0.86 grams of protein, 30 milligrams of calcium, 0.81 grams of iron, 24 milligrams of magnesium, 167 milligrams of potassium, 2813 IUs of Vitamin A and 58 micrograms of folate. Folic acid in spinach also helps in fighting against anemia, shortness of breath, insufficient absorption of food by the small intestine, decrease in weight, diarrhea and fatigue during pregnancy. Sweet corn is a starchy vegetable that doubles as a functional food. It is high in carbohydrate content. It contains multiple nutrients that can bring benefits to the body. Sweet corn is rich in vitamin C, B5, B1, manganese and dietary fiber that you need during pregnancy.
See how Goodness of Spinach & Corn in this single recipe can bring multiple health benefits to you & your kid. See how Goodness of Spinach & Corn in this single recipe can bring multiple health benefits… Click To Tweet
CREAMY CORN SPINACH RECIPE
- Spinach\ Palak – 300 gm
- Sweet corn – 2 cups
- Vegetable Oil – 3 tbsp
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1\2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Cream – 3 tbsp
- Wash the Spinach under running water.
- Boil a liter of water in a big vessel. When the water starts boiling add a tablespoon of salt and spinach to it. Cook for a minute.
- Strain the water and run the spinach under cold water. Strain well. Make a puree of spinach in a blender. Keep aside.
- Add oil in a heavy bottom pan. When the oil is hot, add onions to it and fry till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone (3-4 minutes).
- Add tomato puree and cook for a minute. Remove the pan from heat and let it cool. Blend the masala in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Add the masala(paste) in the pan and add a cup of water. Add coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt. Fry for 5- 6 minutes.
- Add spinach puree and corns. Add a cup of water. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with a dollop of fresh cream
If you tried this recipe, I am eager to hear how it turned out for you. Also if you happen to be cooking any other healthy recipe using Spinach & Corn together, let’s discuss about it in the comments section below.