Let The Fun Begin – That Wonderful Baby Shower I always dream about!!
Image Credit: Lizi G
When we were organizing our baby shower for my twins, we were confused on how to inform our friends and family about our twins. Finally after a long discussion we came to a surprise cards idea at the baby shower party. We distributed hand written cards as the guests entered the party hall with the note inside, “Be Aware- Double Trouble is arriving Soon” with some funny decoration and the reaction & expression of every guest was exciting. When all the guests opened it with excitement, they were presently surprised to get the, announcement in this fashion.!!
First thing first and mother’s health is number one priority when organizing such event. A well planned & well executed event will surely make everyone happy. Following are some tips you may consider when planning for that one important day of your life as Parents to be!
Are we ready to plan a Baby Shower? – The Time, The Games, The Invitees, The Place and of course Yummy Food!
Image Credits: Kara Brugman
- Decide on the best time of the day when mommy is in the best of her mood and spirits.
- Lunch, dinner, late afternoon, evening what ever suits you the best.
- Plan the games according to the age and interest of the guests. For a very large group more than 50, plan some easy to understand games like musical chair.
- For small group, you can plan some fun and innovative games by calling few people at the center to play like, measure the mummy’s tummy – the one who does it the closest wins, the price is right for some interesting baby products, one minute games like write down baby related items on a piece of paper in one minute. One interesting game we planned was drink juice from baby feeding bottle, it went so superb and it created a big wave of laughter!!
- Make sure you plan for games with people who can help arranging the play and also the giving out gifts to the winners.
- The number of the invitees depend upon the size of the place, time and day of the baby shower, your circle of people whom you want to invite. Make sure you make a list and invite them well in advance with RSVP to plan it better. Once you know the number, the food and the games part can be arranged easily.
- If you have a big backyard to entertain, there is nothing like it! A party hall or outside lawn need to be planned in advance. What all are the facilities that you will get has to be checked; like music system, speakers, tables, decorations etc.
- You can decorate the theme with colors, patterns, cartoon characters and everything else matching to it!
- Finally the food. Check out all the options that you like with of course a nice themed cake that would add a great joy. Keep in mind some general preferences of the guests. Give mommy to be a break this day from cooking will be a good idea to keep her fresh for the party!
The Day Arrived:Let the Party Begin!!!
Image Credit: Wicked Little Cake Company
Plan to rest around the party time before and after for mommy is a must.
As you have already planned this fabulous baby shower in advance, delegate the parts to some friends and family members like the one who will take care of food, games, welcoming guests and so on….
Putting up a small decorative box for name suggestions can be handy when baby arrives and you are naming searching for options!
Mommy and Papa can match their dresses for this day as the expecting Parents Unity!
You can send a thank you note to your guests.
So have fun, enjoy and make sure to make this day as special as it can be before your Baby Arrives!!
Do share with us your experience with Baby Shower or if you have any unique baby shower idea, do write to us in the comments section below.