Feeling sick during pregnancy
I was in my 10th week of pregnancy and went for a shopping for some pregnancy wears. It was a monsoon season and for some reason, when I came home I realized a pain in my throat. I used gargling and some honey lemon, drinking plenty of fluids & some traditional remedies for 2 days. It helped a little but than I got fever for which I immediately contacted my ObGyn for the advice. After my regular check up of babies, advised me to take rest & prescribed a pregnancy safe medicines including paracetamol for the minimum required time. It is really very important to keep a continuous check through out the pregnancy what you put in your mouth. What ever is going in may not be harmful always but if you are not sure about the effect on baby, consult your doctor, care provider or nutritionist. Sickness during pregnancy should not be taken lightly as it may get serious for you & your baby’s health. Never take any antibiotics/ over the counter infection control medicines without consulting the doctor. There can be cold, cough, fever other common ailments throughout pregnancy for various reasons.
- For sore throat and Cough, you can try salt water gargle, honey-lemon with hot water and if it persist better to take pregnancy safe medicine.
- For Headache and Fever, you can try paracetamol for the shortest time possible.
- For stuffy nose, try inhaling steam & take simple salt water nasal spray.
- You should avoid Aspirin as it can affect your baby’s development in the early weeks and, in late pregnancy, affect the onset and length of your labor. Ibuprofen, and painkillers that contain a combination of drugs should be avoided, too.
- If you get Flu symptoms for few days, like fever, headache, chills, body ache, loss of appetite than ask your doctor to prescribe pregnancy safe antibiotics. Do complete the whole course for complete recovery.