Four Lifestyle Changes during Pregnancy that you must plan Preparing for a baby
It will never be the same again, be it our lives, our routines, our sleeps, our food habits, our relationships & of course our life styles once baby is born. There are way too many changes that new parents face once the baby is born. Let’s take a look at Four life style changes you must plan during pregnancy while Preparing for baby.
My friend always tells me that after becoming a mom, her world revolves around the baby. When you want to go for shopping, you buy more for your baby, when you go out for dinner, you think about your baby at home, when you sleep at night, you suddenly wake up to check the diapers, when you are spending time with your hubby, most of your conversations revolve around baby talk. Are these all natural? I would say yes; completely. Let’s take a look.
1. Food & Fitness while Preparing for a baby.
- When it comes to eating healthy meals and keeping our body fit after delivery, we tend to be lazy.
- It is very natural that we spend more time with kids, our routines are changed and shifts towards baby only. It is a good idea that you start planning about your pregnancy diet as well as eating habits from the day you know you are pregnant. This is going to affect your unborn baby’s health and eventually feeding patterns and your health too.
- As we are concerned about baby’s health and hygiene, we have to be careful for ours too.
- If you love food like pizza and burgers, it is a good idea to start changing the habit right from now when you are pregnant.
- If you are lazy for exercise and other fitness regime, it is surely beneficial to use this pregnancy period to go out for a walk, enroll for a pregnancy yoga & exercise classes. In return, this will not only help with happy & healthy delivery but over all, long term health for yourself.
- Start planning on a weekly basis to achieve your healthy diet and fitness goals.
- Involve your friends and family members to keep you reminding about your food choices and exercise routines.
2. Money changes during Pregnancy
- When you are pregnant, it is important to understand the future financial changes and requirements together with other emotional and material requirements for baby. When you are on maternity leave and relaxing during pregnancy, it is the best time to discuss about your financial needs with your partner.
- Fixed income: you have to consider the details of each type of expenses including new born care, play school fees, toys and cloths, other amenities etc. Based on that plan a fix monthly income to cover up the routine expenses.
- Next would be to plan for EMERGENCY FUND; yes that’s correct. You may need to utilize this fund in case of any family emergency or sudden medical situations. Save money for unexpected contingencies of life especially after baby is born.
- Health Insurance for you Child: Make sure your employer covers for any sudden medical problem of your baby. You may want to check in advance with your insurance on what they cover for delivery and new born care and what not. It is a good idea to start planning for a good medical policy coverage for all members of the family when you are pregnant.
- You may want to start financial planning for baby’s Future Education expenses. Planning and precautions with finances are always better and helps understand the current spending and income levels.
- Making a Budget when you are pregnant is a good start for organized child care.
- In his best selling book, Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want author Gregory Karp talk about it, this time isn’t about depriving yourself: you don’t have to become a “financial anorexic,” and you won’t have to start dumpster diving! Instead, Gregory Karp shows how to build real, long-lasting wealth by plugging the money leaks you’re barely even aware of, and making sure you spend with a purpose. A definite good read when you are pregnant and thinking about the budget & finances.
3. Relationships when preparing for a baby.
- I always wanted my husband to take care of babies equally including bottle feeding and diaper change when he was home. Pregnancy is the best time to Rejuvenate relations with every one around you; be it your parents, grand parents, in laws, cousins, friends, colleagues and of course your partner.
- Discuss about your roles & responsibilities with them. Your wishes and choices for baby and new born care, guidance and support that, you will need from all these family members and friends.
- With so many emotional and hormonal changes that your body is facing, Nurturing relationships is extra important as well as extra challenging through out pregnancy period.
- Nurturing relationships is extra important as well as extra challenging through out pregnancy period. Click To Tweet
- Talk Talk and Talk : Share and maintain a good balance with your partner about all your if’s, but’s and doubts during pregnancy. Spend baby shopping and doctor’s appointment times clubbing with lunch & movie together. Talk to your friends and family members about your concerns, mood swings and baby care issues.
4. Parenting Approach
- We all know that there can never be a single parenting approach that is best for all kids. It is up to parents, their value system, culture, up bringing, surroundings, thought process, their own childhood memories and so many other factors which impacts the parenting style.
- When I grew up in a big joint family, I always wished the same for my kids. It is important that you start thinking about how you want to raise your child now when you are pregnant.
- Pregnancy is a good time to start discussing about how you want to involve other family members and their support with raising baby.
- Parenting is a balanced mixture of both art and science equally. Click To Tweet Authoritative, permissive, flexible – choice is yours. A combinations of everything is needed; be it discipline, encouragement, support, freedom of choice and decision making all these factors are playing important role to shape up your child’s future.
- Taking sides in front of your child, constant comparisons with other kids or arguments in front of child is not considered good on child’s mind & overall mental development.
- Understand this thing clearly that, each child is different and so is each parent. Click To Tweet So there can not be a comparison with others. You have to choose your unique way which suits you and your baby’s developing future.
Baby changes everything for good, better and the best; if you are well prepared with these most important life style changes during pregnancy.
To know more about parenting visit our Parenting Dost section. We would love to hear from you about what life style changes you made/are making during pregnancy and how is it going with you. Please use comments box below to tell us your experience.
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for. Click To Tweet